“This past year has been an incredible one. I’ve learnt so much about myself, my capabilities, and what I truly want to gain from the year to come. My blog has been a launching pad for all of the dreams I’m still chasing every single day. I was able to write a novel last year that I am truly proud of, I found my center, my balance in life and there’s not much more that I can ask for. Now, it’s time to start thinking about what’s next for my writing journey as I continue to edit my current novel and start preparing for the possibility of publishing. This year, I want to read a lot more books, I want to write and share a lot more content, and I want to talk about the things that I’m currently loving when there’s something new to be excited about.”
Let the New Year bring more writing, more reading, and the ability to maintain the productive lifestyle that brings me so much joy.
Towards the end of 2018, I haven’t really been as active on here as I would’ve liked, and that is the first thing that I want to change this year. I want to maintain somewhat of a consistent posting schedule, even if there might be weeks where I want to post a bit more than usual. 2018 has been such an incredible year for me creatively, and I learnt so much about my writing style, why I adore the process so much, and why it is such a big part of my life. Now that I’ve had a bit of time away from home, time to really relax and reflect on the past year, I can return refreshed and ready to get back to work. This year is going to be about bringing those dreams of mine into fruition. It’s going to be about taking action to make sure I am actively working towards achieving those goals. There is so much that I still have yet to learn about the next steps in my writing process, but I am excited to embark on that journey and share my experience with all of you.
The New Year Checklist
- Create That Reading List: I have so many books that I want to read this year, so many that I want to talk about with all of you after I’ve completed them. I am going to make time to read this year, for I know just how important it is for me creatively as well as being the one thing that can calm my stress levels when they’re a bit too pressing.
- Edit That Book: I am still in the process of editing my novel, and I am giving myself ample time to do so because I want to make sure I cover all of my bases. It’s a process that I’m still learning so much about, but one I’ve learnt to love a bit more than I thought I would.
- Stay Active: This year I need a consistent blogging schedule. I need to plan a bit better, make sure that I am actively working on writing the content that makes me happy all the while making sure it is actually being shared with all of you. When you stop for quite some time, it’s hard to pick back up again, but I am going to try to eliminate that struggle by creating some consistency.
- Do What You Love: I need to find time to really exercise my creativity, write a bit more, create content I love. It’s all about balance, and that is one thing I’ve been getting better at maintaining. That sense of balance has really allowed me to see just how much I can get done every given day if I really want to, and that in itself is what’s going to keep me rather productive this year. (I hope).
- Write, Write, Write: I want to give myself some time to explore some smaller projects, get back into writing the pieces of poetry I love so much and get so excited to share. Consistency is key, and that is my main goal for 2019.
I am incredibly excited to see what this new year has in store for me, for I want to blog about every aspect of my life, share more with you than just my writing journey. I want to talk about the smaller things in life that may excite me, and that is exactly what I will do. Again, this year is about taking action to achieve those dreams. It’s about working hard, staying consistent, and creating content that makes me happy and keeps me on track.
I hope that you all have a wonderfully productive 2019.
Thank you for reading!